Join fellow Brown alumni for the September BCUK planning meeting.
Join fellow Brown alumni for the November BCUK planning meeting.
The Georgetown University UK Alumni Club, Brown Club of the United Kingdom and US Alumni Club are thrilled to announce that we will be co-hosting another of our popular pub events on Sunday April 14th, open to all US young alumni (loosely classified as those who graduated between 2018 and 2003).
Come welcome newly admitted Brown Students! This is a chance for all Brown Alumni to come together and celebrate our community and welcome new students, and encourage them to matriculate!
Join BCUK’s Supper Club at the home of Katherine Kwok '99 and family.
The Brown Club of the United Kingdom and the Georgetown University UK Alumni Club and are thrilled to announce that we will be co-hosting another of our popular pub events on Sunday February 3rd, open to all US young alumni. We'd love for you to join us in kicking off 2019!
Join the Brown Club of the United Kingdom and Louis & Linda Tanner '55 for a viewing of the "Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up" exhibit at the Victoria & Albert Museum!
The Brown Club of the United Kingdom along with the Brown Alumni Association and BrownConnect host:
“5 Gear Shifts to Accelerate your Career”
with Alexandra Sleator '87
- 6:45pm-7:15pm Reception with refreshments
- 7:15pm-8:15pm Workshop and Q&A
- 8:15pm-9:15pm Networking
RSVP here by June 19, numbers are limited!
About the Program and the Speaker
This workshop is designed for both young professionals eager to proactively manage their budding career but also for seasoned folks who have been part of the workforce for a while and wish to take the time to reflect on their professional track record with a view to carefully plan for the next stage of their career.
Participating in the workshop, attendees will:
- Reflect on the personal meaning of their career,
- Have the chance to ponder where they are at in their career,
- Discover the five core building blocks they need to know about to truly manage their career,
- Identify their current career challenges and become aware of possible opportunities, and
- Leave with food for thought around those career issues which resonated with them.
Alexandra is a Brown alumna from the class of 1987. After a successful 23-year career in global finance where she held a variety of senior roles and led increasingly larger teams, Alexandra works primarily as a mentor coach, sharing her corporate intelligence and helping mainly with career progression, team effectiveness, embracing change, influence in the workplace, and leadership presence. Alexandra's work focuses on leveraging her clients' strengths so they learn to leverage better their skills and capabilities, deliver more value to their firms but also enjoy their work more. Alexandra's clients notably become better at engaging with others at work and collaborating more effectively which benefits their career prospects and contributes to their fulfilment at work. Whether 1:1 or via workshops, her style of engagement is clearly pragmatic, facilitating measurable and sustainable results.
The Meeting Room is situated in the basement of the Rectory Building (not in the Church). The entrance to the rooms can be found on Church Place, which runs between Piccadilly and Jermyn Street (opposite Costa Coffee). In case of difficulty, please do not ring the bell of the flat marked PRIVATE, but go to the Rectory reception on the other side of the building.
BCUK has arranged a private visit to Meet the Animals at the Vauxhall City Farm – a perfect weekend afternoon outing. Maximum number of attendees is 15 including adults and children.
Location: Vauxhall City Farm, 165 Tyers St, SE11 5HS
Closest tube: Vauxhall
Cost: GBP10 per family (one or two adults and (related) children)
Please contact Katherine Kwok ’99 to RSVP or for more information.
The Georgetown University UK Alumni Club and the Brown Club of the United Kingdom are thrilled to announce that we will be co-hosting a pub event on Sunday, May 7th for all young alumni who studied in the US!
These events have always been a huge success in the past and are a wonderful way to spend your Sunday afternoon reconnecting with old friends, meeting like minded alums, reminiscing on the 'good ole' days' and generally enjoying great company. We look forward to seeing all your friendly faces there!
We have a cornered off area at the lovely Hereford Arms on Gloucester Road from 3.30pm, where you can receive a free beer or glass of wine by following the instructions below!
1. Click HERE to go to the Hereford Arms website
2. Click the 'Free Drink?' tab on the top right hand corner of the page and enter your details.
3. Bring your code on Sunday for a free drink to kick off the afternoon!
Date: May 7th, 2017
Time: 3:30 PM
Location: The Hereford Arms - 127 Gloucester Road SW7 4TE
Join us for a networking event with the Wharton School (U Penn) Club of the UK. First drink and some nibbles will be on the house.
Let us know you are coming by responding to the Facebook event here.
Closest tubes: Bank, Mansion House, St. Paul’s, Cannon Street
The BCUK is initiating a supper club which is open to all BCUK members.
For those who don't know, a supper club is a club in which members take it in turns to host other members for dinner at their home. Some supper clubs are run as commercial enterprises and include hugely elaborate 5 course meals. The BCUK supper club will be as elaborate and formal as each host chooses to make it but the idea is to cover costs and not try and get rich from your fellow alums. We hope it will be a fun way for BCUK members to meet each other and for those who enjoy cooking to have an excuse to cook up a storm.
The first supper club will be hosted by Luke Balleny '06.
Date and Time: Saturday, 25 March at 7PM for 7:30PM start
Location: 36 Penton Place, London, SE17 3JT
Transport: Kennington tube is less than a 5 minute walk away. Elephant and Castle tube is a 10 minute walk away and there are numerous buses that stop within a 5 minute walk of the house.
Cost: GBP20 per person and will include wine and/or beer
To book a place, please RSVP to Luke directly.
Space is strictly limited to 8 including Luke. As a result, BCUK members may not bring more than one guest.
A few basic BCUK Supper Club Rules:
1. The host has final say on everything including but not limited to: Number of guests to be invited, price of meal, arrival and departure times for guests, payment method, food choices etc.
2. Guests must bring cash on the day to pay for their meal if they haven't paid in advance
3. Guest must give 48 hours notice if they wish to cancel their booking. If they fail to do so, they will be asked to make a bank transfer of the cost of their meal to the host.
4. Guest should specify when booking whether they have any dislikes/allergies are vegetarian etc
5. The host will decide whether the meal will include alcohol. If it does not he/she may allow the guest to bring their own.
6. The host may decide to tell their guests what they will be eating before they arrive but may also leave it as a surprise.
7. Once the host has advertised a particular price and has received bookings, he/she cannot change the price
8. While attending BCUK events is a great networking opportunity and of course networking is to be encouraged, please don't use hosting a supper club as an opportunity to sell your business/product (unless you're a professional cook!)
9. If in doubt about any of the above see rule 1!
If you would like to host a supper club, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for BCUK's Annual General Meeting for 2016-2017. All BCUK members are welcome. At the AGM, BCUK members will elect the next slate of BCUK officers (co-Presidents, Treasurer and Secretary).
Pizza will be served.
Please confirm your attendance by emailing Sara.
*** Please see below for how to purchase tickets ***
Natural History Museum Private Exploration: Scientists and Specimens
Princeton Association UK has invited BCUK to "a rare, private after-hours opportunity to discover some of the incredible work of the NHM, at a reception next to the Stegosaurus in the dramatic Earth Hall. Several NHM curator/scientists will personally present and explain specimens from the fossil reptile and mammal collections, meteorites and other items from the minerals collection, and creatures from the entomology collection. A leading NHM scientist will discuss the Museum’s current research. The new Human Evolution gallery will be available for exploration. Canapés and drinks will be served.
Tickets are £20 per adult (free for children) to cover catering costs for the canapés and drinks.
Please transfer £20 per adult ticket to the Brown Club of the UK, NatWest Account number 80243959 Sort Code 60-05-2. Please enter your surname and "NHM" as a reference so we can identify your funds.
Please email email@example.com with the NHM in the subject line and the full names of those people for whom you've bought tickets.