The BCUK is initiating a supper club which is open to all BCUK members.
For those who don't know, a supper club is a club in which members take it in turns to host other members for dinner at their home. Some supper clubs are run as commercial enterprises and include hugely elaborate 5 course meals. The BCUK supper club will be as elaborate and formal as each host chooses to make it but the idea is to cover costs and not try and get rich from your fellow alums. We hope it will be a fun way for BCUK members to meet each other and for those who enjoy cooking to have an excuse to cook up a storm.
The first supper club will be hosted by Luke Balleny '06.
Date and Time: Saturday, 25 March at 7PM for 7:30PM start
Location: 36 Penton Place, London, SE17 3JT
Transport: Kennington tube is less than a 5 minute walk away. Elephant and Castle tube is a 10 minute walk away and there are numerous buses that stop within a 5 minute walk of the house.
Cost: GBP20 per person and will include wine and/or beer
To book a place, please RSVP to Luke directly.
Space is strictly limited to 8 including Luke. As a result, BCUK members may not bring more than one guest.
A few basic BCUK Supper Club Rules:
1. The host has final say on everything including but not limited to: Number of guests to be invited, price of meal, arrival and departure times for guests, payment method, food choices etc.
2. Guests must bring cash on the day to pay for their meal if they haven't paid in advance
3. Guest must give 48 hours notice if they wish to cancel their booking. If they fail to do so, they will be asked to make a bank transfer of the cost of their meal to the host.
4. Guest should specify when booking whether they have any dislikes/allergies are vegetarian etc
5. The host will decide whether the meal will include alcohol. If it does not he/she may allow the guest to bring their own.
6. The host may decide to tell their guests what they will be eating before they arrive but may also leave it as a surprise.
7. Once the host has advertised a particular price and has received bookings, he/she cannot change the price
8. While attending BCUK events is a great networking opportunity and of course networking is to be encouraged, please don't use hosting a supper club as an opportunity to sell your business/product (unless you're a professional cook!)
9. If in doubt about any of the above see rule 1!
If you would like to host a supper club, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org